Answers to some frequently asked questions about Perfect Picturewall®
Q: What comes with a Perfect Picturewall®?
Q: Can I customize my Perfect Picturewall®?
Q: How are your frames made?
Q: What material are the frames made out of?
A: Picturewall frames are made of SOLID WOOD with a smooth stain finish as with Espresso and Driftwood, allowing the beauty of the wood to show through. OR evenly painted wood as with the Black and White frames.
Note: All of the frames have a beautiful satin finish that easily fits in with any interior and whereby different colored sets mix easily. Our frames do not have a shiny finish nor are they dull and flat.
Q: What is the difference between Picturewall Gallery Frames and cheap gallery wall frames?
Our opinion and experience: You can buy "a frame" today at a dollar store pressed out of plastic for...you guessed it $1.00. Chances are that it will be used temporarily and eventually end up in a landfill and you certainly wouldn't hang it in your living room. Cheap frames typically look cheap, fall apart and ultimately don't do justice, enhance or show respect for a beautiful photo or the people/person/place in it.
You can also buy a fancy carved historic single frame with 24k gold leaf for thousands of dollars...and everything in between.
We're kinda the Prius, Tesla or Apple of picture frames. Regardless of how much money you make or have, Picturewall® frames & the hanging solution is a great value, performs well over time and looks great anywhere. - You can do a lot worse, but you can't do much better.
We don't use: Materials like MDF ( which is pressed sawdust ) or any kind of plastic including laminated foam-like plastics that mimic wood which are pressed out, cut or extruded by machines. We have opted not to use these materials because we feel that they are harmful to our environment and may contain materials (VOC's) that may off gas in the room where they are hung.
Questions you might consider before buying cheap frames:
Q: Are quality mats included with frames? Sometimes the photo of a frame(s) seen online from other sellers, suggest that there is a mat included when in fact there is not. - It's hard to tell the difference in online photos of products and important details can be left out or the mat may be of lesser quality than our mats. A mat alone, to put into a cheaper frame can be $10.00-$30.00 each depending on size
- Picturewall Mats are Made in U.S.A from one of the most respected makers. The same mats we use are specified by professional decorators and used by custom framers.
- Do the frames have breakable glass? No, we use only NON-GLARE crystal clear Acrylic.
Q: Why not glass?
1. Of course glass can be dangerous if frames are dropped or fall down and shatter.
2. Because of the instant satisfaction of the Picturewall® solution, having a frame(s) with broken glass arrive at your door would interrupt the fun.
3. We supply a cross-section of customers. From Pro Decorators, homeowners and our frames are also used in professional offices and public spaces where glass is not allowed ( due to safety factors).
4. There is more UV protection with our non-glare lenses than with standard framing glass. This means less damaging light reach your photos and the mats.
Note: Some are under the false impression that glass is of higher quality and/or costs more than acrylic non-glare lenses... This is not true, glass is actually the least expensive material for a frame lense and what you get typically when you buy lower priced frames online. Our quality non-glare lenses used to cost 5X more than the price of glass. Now due to Covid19 acrylic material has doubled and is hard to get. We have not raised our Picturewall pricing though.
Q: Do the frames have a NON GLARE lens to avoid light reflections over your photos? YES, frames typically do NOT come with non-glare lenses. Very rare.
- Picturewalls come with high quality NON-GLARE acrylic lenses that won't break if they fall and have more UV protection for your photos than glass. We believe our lenses perform much better over time and therefore are much better value than glass. Otherwise we would use glass.
- Are they FULL SIZE FRAMES? ( Picturewall frames ARE FULL SIZE FRAMES and 3/4" deep on the sides as well ) We have heard from some customers and read tons of stories/reviews of those who purchased cheap frames online and were unpleasantly surprised when they arrived being MUCH smaller, thinner and less substantial than they expected. Our frame mouldings have an overall thickness that just looks like quality.
Q: Are the frames inspected before they ship to you? When frames are mass produced there are just too many to inspect so they are typically "spot checked" here and there. This spot inspection heightens the likelihood of receiving less than perfect products. This is a common complaint from customers when purchasing who knows what/ from who knows where?
Picturewall® MAKES, INSPECTS and SHIPS from their own and partner facilities. THIS IS ALL WE DO. We specialize. We invented the Gallery in a Box™ and we're proud of it. We want you to LOVE IT and tell the World.
We inspect EVERYTHING before it ships. If something ever does arrive that is not right we just replace it fast. Send us a quickie photo of the issue for our quality control department and we'll replace the component.
At the end of the day, we can't imagine putting our prized photos of family members and friends in cheap looking frames.